How to find us
We are in the Colombus Medical Building in Woodbrige, near Highways 400 and 407
8333 Weston Road, Suite 310
Woodbridge ON L4L 8E2
Monday to Friday
9am to 5pm
Doctors recent blog posts
- The urgent care walk-in clinic will be closed on the Labour day weekend
- No saturday Walk-In Clinic on Canada Day Weekend
- PATIENT INFORMATION & CONSENT FORM FOR INFLUENZA CLINICS
- Seasonal Influenza vaccination INFORMATION 2016-2017
- Flu vaccine Clinics 2016-2017
- Don't forget your second dose of Influenza vaccine
- Important Allerject Recall October 28,2015
- Vaccinations for teenagers - Meningococcal ACWY booster age 17
- Vaccinations for Teenagers - age 15 and older Meningococcal B
- Vaccinatons for teenagers - age 14 dTaP
Vaccinations for Teenagers - age 15 and older Meningococcal B
Invasive Meningococcal Disase (IMD) is an important cause of death and disability for which teenagers and young adults are at particular risk. IMD mortality is approximately 10%. Of IMD survivors 10-20% have long term sequelae including hearing loss, neurologic disabilities and digit or limb amputations . In Canada, IMD is caused by the two most prominent strains - B and C strains. Other vaccine preventable strains are A, W and Y strains.
Meningococcal ACWY (Menactra/Menveo) is given to Ontario teenagers at no cost in grade 7. We also encourage a booster of Meningococcal ACWY in grade 12.
Meningococcal B vaccine (Bexsero) Is recomenneded to prevent IMD caused by B strain which is the most common strain leading to IMD in Canada. We encourage immunization against Meningococcal B strain to all teenagers age 15 and older. It is not currently paid for by OHIP and is available for private purchase in our office.
Please call our office to book an appointment to recieve Meningococcal B vaccine